Contact Us

Call: 0118 979 9744



Or use our contact form.


28 Broad Street



United Kingdom

RG40 1AB

Office Hours

Monday - Friday

9.00am - 5.30pm


You can meet us outside these hours by




Sole Traders

If you’re a sole trader, you’re
running your own business as an individual. This is known as being
‘self-employed’. You can keep all your
business’ profits after you’ve paid tax on them.

You must register for Self Assessment
with HMRC as soon as you can after starting your business.

You’re responsible for:

  • your business debts
  • bills for anything you buy for your business, like stock or equipment
  • keeping records of your business’ sales and expenses
  • sending a Self Assessment every year
  • paying Income Tax on the profits your business makes and National

Naming your business

You can use your own name or trade under a business name. There are rules on using a business name. For example,
you can’t:

  • use the terms ‘Limited,’ ‘Ltd’, ‘public limited company,’ ‘plc,’
    ‘limited liability partnership,’ ‘LLP’ or their Welsh equivalents
  • use sensitive words or expressions unless you have permission
  • suggest a connection with government or local authorities
  • use a name that is too similar to a registered trademark
  • be offensive

You must include your own name and
business name (if you have one) on any official paperwork, such as invoices and letters.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Bettridge & Co